Grand Oaks PTO would like to Congratulate this month's Stand Out award winner Charles Phillips.
Charles was chosen for his outstanding school spirit, and kindness he shares with the whole school. If you have had the pleasure of meeting Charles you will find that he leaves you better than when he found you. He has an endearing personality that brings a smile to everyone he meets and he shows so much enthusiasm for life. His zealous personality is so contagious that you can't help but want to go bring that same happiness to others. Charles makes everyone feel like a somebody, that they matter, that they are valued and they are special. Some days everyone just needs a positive ray of sunshine and Charles brings that to the whole Grand Oaks school and community. What an example he is to each one of us to go out and care for others. If you see Charles in the hallway tell him Congratulations on his award, I'm sure he will be overjoyed to see you!
1. Please tell us about yourself, family, pets, grade.
I'm in the 10th grade at Grand Oaks. I live with my Dad, my Mom, my sister, Charlotte, & my Uncle Jeremy. I also have 2 dogs, Shiner & Austin. My sister has a tortoise named, Soda.
2. What is your favorite thing about being a student at Grand Oaks?
I love having Miss Winder as my teacher.
3. What is your favorite part of the day?
I love going to Wildlife class with Miss Myers.
4. What activities do you like to do after school?
I love to swim, listen to music, & play on my computer.
5. What is your favorite movie?
Frozen, I love the music.
6. What kind of music do you like?
All kinds of music, my favorite song right now is the Cha-Cha-Slide.
7. Christmas is coming, any ideas of what you would like for a gift?
I really want a WII & a Bunn Slushie Machine.
8. What is one of your favorite sayings, do you have any words of wisdom for all of us?
Treat everyone like they are your Best Friend.
9. What do you want to be when you graduate High school?
I would like to work at Grand Oaks HS with Miss Winder & help Special Needs kids.
10. Tell us something funny or unique about you?
I have Williams Syndrome, I love to sing & dance. I also love making people laugh & give hugs.